If you desire to officiate the most competitive matches within Michigan and our region, you need to consider upgrading to a Regional referee.
Follow this link to review U.S. Soccer 2023 Regional Referee Certification requirements as well as the required Fitness Test criteria.
- Will you be 18 years or older by December 31, 2023?
- Have you been a US Soccer licensed referee for three (3) consecutive years?
- Have you completed your current 2023 Grassroots Certification requirements?
- Have you completed your annual Safe Sport certification?
- Can you PASS the FIFA Women’s Referee Fitness Test?
- Taking into consideration the previous game experience for ONLY ADULT AMATEUR level U.S. Soccer, affiliated 11v11 soccer matches, AND those you will have officiated by December 31, 2023,
- Will you have the experience as the center referee for ~ 25 games and 15 as the assistant referee?
- Youth games do not count toward this game count requirement
If your answer is YES to all of the above, and if you want upgrade to a Regional referee, please complete both of the following:
- Submit an application at the following link:
- Email your list of qualifying games to: Tim Deters – Mgr.Observation@michiganrefs.org
(only include ADULT AMATEUR level matches)
Please note – High School, College, and scrimmages don’t count
- Register for one of the fitness test courses listed at this following link: https://forms.gle/vCYPtUWHPUssPgY96
The deadline to submit your application to Upgrade to a Regional Referee is 11:59PM, February 28, 2023.
Upgrade applications are subject to approval by the MRC upgrade committee.